Sightsavers India Fellowship Program 2023 is an opportunity offered by Sightsavers* India for young ophthalmologists. The fellowship is an opportunity for promising and passionate young ophthalmologists to get trained at some of the leading eye health institutes in India. The program focuses on identifying and grooming talented candidates through an innovative course to enhance their perspectives on rural eye health. The selected students will receive a monthly stipend of up to INR 75,000 and other benefits.
Sightsavers* is an international organization that works with partners in more than 30 countries. The aim of the organization is to eliminate avoidable blindness and fight for the rights and needs of people with disability.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
• be a young and promising ophthalmologist in India
• be a postgraduate/diploma holder in ophthalmology (MS/DNB/DO) from any recognized institute/university in India (Note – Applicants who have passed out in 2023 are eligible to apply)
• have a sound knowledge of clinical ophthalmology
• hold high learning orientation, adaptability, professional ethics, emotional resilience
The selected students will receive –
• INR 35,000 per month – initial four months training period
• INR 65,000 per month – 1st year of field posting
• INR 75, 000 per month – 2nd year of field posting
• Lump-sum payment upon successful completion of 1st and 2nd year
• Mediclaim, accident, term, and professional indemnity insurance
• Cover letter