- Be a teacher at the level of Reader/Associate Professor/Professor in the Science and Technology departments of the universities
- Have successfully supervised the PhD dissertation of 15 (in basic sciences) or 10 (in engineering and technology) full time candidates, 5 of whom are graduated during the last 10 years
- Have handled, as Principal Investigator, sponsored research projects funded by national/international agencies, in the last 10 years
- Have obtained a cumulative impact factor of published papers as 50 or above (according to the Journal Citation Reports of Thomson Reuters)
- Apply within 1 year of the date of superannuation
- Not hold any administrative responsibility during the tenure of the Fellowship, effective from the date of superannuation
Note: The Department/School/University must provide an undertaking that the applicant will be provided with required laboratory infrastructure and administrative assistance for undertaking the fellowship work and the permission to take at least two stipendiary candidates for PhD under the applicant.