SERB International Research Experience (SIRE) 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) to Ph.D. degree holders. The program aims to impart high-end research training in frontier areas of Science and Technology, which are of interest to India by providing an opportunity to visit leading institutions/universities across the globe for a period of 2-6 months. The selected fellows will receive a monthly fellowship of US $ 3000, and a contingency allowance of INR 75,000 to cover visa fees, air transfer charges, insurance, and others, and medical insurance of INR 20,000 in India and abroad.
To be eligible, an applicant must-
• be 40 years of age (as of the date of submission of application)
• be an Indian citizen
• hold a Ph.D. degree in the area of Science and Engineering from a recognized institution in India
• hold a permanent position in any Indian research and academic institution
• Applicants having MBBS/MD degree and Veterinary doctors are also eligible.
• Applicants having Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) award are also eligible to apply.
The selected fellows will receive the following way –
• Monthly fellowship amount equivalent to the US $ 3000, one-time contingency/preparatory allowances of INR 75,000 per month to cover visa fees, airport transfer charges, insurance etc.
• Overseas medical insurance in India and abroad of INR 20,000 per month
• The shortest route economy class airfare from the place of work in India to the place of the host institute and back
• Biodata of applicant
• Biodata of overseas host scientist
• Consent letter from the host
• Research plan
• Plagiarism undertaking
• Certificate from applicant
• Endorsement letter from the head of the institution
• Age-proof certificate (Class 10 marksheet or birth certificate)
• Category certificate (in case of age relaxation)
Note – The documents must be uploaded in the specified format.