- Hold a doctorate degree or equivalent at the start of the fellowship
- Have at least one first author publication accepted in or published in an international peer-reviewed journal at the time of application
- Involve movement between countries during the PhD
- The candidates who already hold a PhD degree at the time of application can apply only if they have obtained their PhD degree during two years prior to the date of application.
- The candidates who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply if they have been working for less than six months in the host laboratory at the time of application.