Khadi is the fabric of freedom struggle and the Father of the nation. Mahatma Gandhi developed the concept of Khadi as a means to provide employment to the unemployed rural population and make them self-reliant.
Our Hon’ble PM has given the mantra of ‘Khadi for Nation, Khadi for Fashion’, and Khadi is now seen as a fashion statement. It is now used in denim, jackets, shirts, dress material, stoles, home furnishings, and apparel accessories like handbags.
KVIC and the National School of Drama, New Delhi is organising a Street Play Contest for Indian students upto 12th Grade in collaboration with MyGov on the theme – Khadi for Nation Khadi for Fashion/Vocal for Local/ Atmanirbhar Bharat. All the participants, through their streetplay, should aim to spread awareness about Khadi Mahotsav and to promote the idea of ‘vocal for local’ campaign and ‘AtmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ envisaged by the Hon’ble Prime Minister.
1. To explore their creative instinct and produce a street play that promotes Khadi and local products.
2. To attract the younger population towards the use of local produce for creating a self-reliant India.
3. To motivate them on a higher level to contribute towards Atmanirbhar Bharat by using Khadi and local products.
a. The street play video should be in any of the following Indian languages:
1. English; 2. Hindi; 3. Assamese; 4. Bengali; 5. Gujarati; 6. Kannada; 7. Malayalam; 8. Marathi; 9. Odia; 10. Punjabi; 11. Tamil; and 12. Telugu.
b. The street play video, as per the eligibility conditions, needs to be uploaded on to YouTube as UNLISTED (it should not be available on search engines or available in the public domain). Only the YouTube link needs to be submitted on www.mygov.in as the entry.
c. The video must be shot horizontally in FHD (Full HD 1080p 16:9 1920X1080) resolution only. The picture and sound should be clearly understood, with no shaking/ blurry footage and minimal noise/static.
d. Each entry shall be accompanied by acceptable formats for street play videos – Youtube – UNLISTED link (containing MP4/MOV/H264, Full HD, Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels, 24/25 fps)
A. Top three street plays at the National level will be awarded rewards as below:
1. 1st Prize- Rs.15,000/- cash plus KVIC E-coupons* worth Rs. 5000/-
2. 2nd Prize- Rs. 10,000/- cash plus KVIC E-coupons* worth Rs. 3000/-
3. 3rd Prize- Rs. 5,000/- cash plus KVIC E-coupons* worth Rs. 2500/-
B. One street play in each language category will be awarded a special prize of Rs. 5,000/- cash plus KVIC e-coupon* worth Rs. 2,500/- each. It is clarified that the plays awarded at the national level will NOT be eligible for this special prize.
C. Additionally, 100 select entries will be awarded consolation prizes in the form of KVIC E-coupons* worth Rs. 2500/-.
*Prize will be given to the leader of the performing group who submits the entry. The rewards will be given in the form of KVIC e-coupon which will be redeemable on KVIC e-commerce platform www.khadiindia.gov.in subject to the condition that the winner has to purchase Khadi and V.I. products worth minimum of Rs.100/- from www.khadiindia.gov.in and further the winner has to declare a list of 5 to 10 items, which he/she would replace with local products, in the KVIC ecommerce-platform viz., www.khadiindia.gov.in.