Inlaks Fine Arts Awards 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation (a non-profit organisation) for emerging young artists to develop their creative talent. Financial assistance of INR 3,00,000 per year to enable them to work independently anywhere in India.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
• be an Indian passport holder or currently residing in India
• be a young emerging artist
• born on or after 1st January 1993
• be a recent graduate/postgraduate degree holder OR
o be a final year student from a leading Indian institute for visual arts in India
• Students pursuing first-year master’s programme will not be considered.
• The recipient should not be holding a similar/ government scholarship or award during the same tenure.
• If the candidates have applied for the award earlier, they must submit a new body of work if they re-apply.
• In the case of applicants not having a formal degree in the visual arts, it is desirable that they would have participated in organized art exhibitions.
The award is worth INR 3,00,000 for a period of one year.
The awardee will also have to attend an art residency programme within India for a period of 4 weeks during the course of the year.
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) including the below information:
o professional training (education, workshops, etc.,)
o solo, group exhibitions
o gallery representation (if any)
o any other professional activities relevant to the artistic practice
• Artwork (Portfolio)
• Proof of age (copy of aadhaar card /passport/birth certificate
• Proof of Nationality (copy of passport/birth certificate)