Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities 2023, Telangana is an initiative by the Minority Development Department, Government of Telangana for students who want to pursue PG and Ph.D. degree in abroad. Under this scheme, 500 students belonging to minority communities will receive a scholarship amount of up to INR 20 lakh or as mentioned in the admission letter (whichever is less). Additionally, students will receive the one-way flight ticket (economic class) charges.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
• be a resident of Telangana
• belong to a minority community
• be below 30 years as of 1st July of the year of the advertisement
• be planning to pursue a course at PG/PhD level in USA, UK, Australia, Canada, or Singapore
• have secured 60% marks in the previous qualifying examination
• have an annual family income of less than INR 5,00,000 from all sources
• In case of employees, a salary certificate from the employer is compulsory. In all cases, the income certificate can be obtained through MEE SEVA.
• Only 1 child from a family is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The selected candidates will receive the benefits in the following manner-
The fees will be payable in two instalments –
• Instalment-I: An amount of INR 5,00,000 will be payable to the students upon production of the landing permit/I-94 Card (Immigration Card)
• Instalment-II: An amount of INR 5,00,000 will be payable to the students upon production of the 1st-semester results.
Sanction proceedings stating that INR 10,00,000 is sanctioned to the individual towards fees and living expenses by a way of grant subject to the applicant’s joining the course. It will be issued to the awardees selected by the selection committee.
The sanction proceedings can be used by the awardees to obtain a visa from the respective embassy.
Education Loan – The awardees will be eligible for an educational loan of INR 5,00,000 from any Nationalized Bank at prevailing rates of interest.
Earning from Research/Teaching Assistantship – The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking a research/teaching assistantship.
• Caste certificate from Mee Seva
• Income certificate from Mee Seva
• Date of Birth certificate
• Aadhaar card
• E-pass ID Number
• Resident/Domicile certificate
• Passport copy
• Marksheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG level
• GRE/GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard
• TOFEL/IELTS scorecard
• Admission offer letter from a foreign university (I-20, letter of admission or equivalent)
• Copy of the latest tax assessment
• Copy of bank passbook of Nationalised Bank
• A scanned photograph of the applicant