Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences invites applications for Aryabhatta Post-Doctoral Fellowship (APDF) at ARIES from PhD degree holders in Astronomy and Astrophysics/Atmospheric Sciences. The key objective of the fellowship is to encourage candidates with outstanding academic records to carry out post-doctoral research at ARIES. The fellowship is initially tenable for 2 years which can be further extended to one more year after the successful review.
An applicant must –
72. Hold a PhD degree in Astronomy & Astrophysics/Atmospheric Sciences from a recognised University/Institute
73. Not be more than 32 years of age as on the last date of submission
Note: The fellowship is open for both Indian citizens and foreign nationals (including people with PIO/NRI status).
A total of two fellows will be selected under this fellowship scheme. They will receive –
A consolidated fellowship of INR 75,000 per month
A research grant of INR 5 Lakh per annum
A travel grant of INR 2 Lakh for attending national or international conferences
Economy class airfare to join the position
Furnished accommodation at nominal charges in the campus
35. Application CV
36. Summary of the PhD work (in not more than one page)
37. A research proposal (in not more than 2 pages)
38. Name of five researchers (including one thesis supervisor) who can provide a recommendation letter for the applicant
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship through following steps –
Step 1: Prepare the application CV along with all supporting documents.